Requirements for Fall Semester 2022
1. Applicants must be Latino or other Hispanic heritage.
2. Currently living in South-Central Wisconsin.
3. Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
4. Include a copy of your high school or college transcript.
5. Include two letters of recommendation from a classroom teacher, employer, volunteer program coordinator or other community member who can speak about your motivation for higher education and address your academic, volunteer and community achievements. The letter can be in English or Spanish.
6. Upon receiving the LUCES scholarship, recipients must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits during the semester in which they receive the scholarship at an accredited Wisconsin College or University
Selection is based on financial need, response to short essay questions, recommendation, and high school transcript. A FAFSA is not required to apply.
Disclaimer: It is possible that your LUCES scholarship could replace some of your federal financial aid. *LUCES reserves the right to interview candidates.