About the Role
- - Planning and executing the annual membership and annual fund campaigns, including designing the campaign, procuring materials, executing a mail and e-mail campaign, and creating progress reports for internal and external use.
- Maintaining a donor database and executing prompt acknowledgement of donations. Researching donor prospects and maintaining a donor prospect list.
- Planning and executing the organization’s annual benefit, which includes program design, host committee and ticket sales, invitation design, vendor recruitment and management, and donor follow-up.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of other fundraising events and public programs, ensuring necessary follow up after fundraising events.
- Planning and executing donation solicitation, ticket sales and follow up.
- Assisting with institutional and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research and writing, maintaining a grants calendar, compiling reports, and preparing organizational documents for foundation submission.
- Compiling donor lists for the annual report and participating in the creation of the annual report as needed.
- Staffing the Fund Development Committee, including developing agendas for regular meetings, providing staff support for initiatives and committee efforts, and preparing necessary materials for committee meetings and assignments.
The preferred candidate will have experience in development or related field.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be self-directed, and demonstrate a strong ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and groups.
Proficiency with donor databases and websites is highly desirable.
Applicants should possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative.
About the Company
LUCES is a non-profit organization whose mission is to Promote and advocate for the higher educational advancement of Latinos through the provision of merit and need based scholarships.